Part-time Member Service Representative - REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking a part-time consumer service representative. Successful applicants will be working out of our Indiana, Pennsylvania office.
- Welcome and assist customers/members either by phone or upon entering the facility.
- Be familiar with all processes, procedures and established guidelines within the Consumer Services Department; such as: new member sign-ups and changes, deposits and fees, service orders, etc.
- Process payments received by mail, in person or via phone.
- Make account adjustments, when applicable, in the billing system.
- As assigned, balance cash receipts, cash register and deposit, daily.
- Be familiar and able to respond to member questions regarding REA Energy Cooperative Inc. and REA Services programs, Policies, Procedures and By-Laws and gather the necessary information to administer those programs accordingly.
- Respond to member questions by letter as required and to other requests for written information
- Associates Degree in a business-related field or 2-3 years general office experiences, preferably in customer service role.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer-oriented and able to handle stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good judgement and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to maintain professional attitude outside of workplace.
Journeyman Lineperson - REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking a Journeyman Lineman. Successful applicants will be working out of our Indiana and Ebensburg, Pennsylvania office.
- Installing and Removing distribution transformers and associated devices, including underground
- Installing and Removing conductors and equipment on poles and buildings
- Installing safety equipment on conductors and equipment
- Stringing, splicing, sagging, and insulating conductors and wires
- Installing and removing poles, structures and associated devices
- Performing switching and tagging operations under the direction of management
- Patrolling transmission and distribution
- Completion of an accredited Four-Year Apprentice Program
- Skills in pole climbing
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and operation of distribution systems
- Thorough knowledge of metering equipment and installations
- Thoroughly familiar with the use and application of protective equipment for working on or near energized conductors
- Possess a Class A CDL
- Willing to relocate within 30 minutes from the Indiana or Ebensburg Office
- Willing to work when needed/required
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. was formed in 1937 to provide reliable electric service at an affordable price for rural residents in Western Pennsylvania. We rely on our employees to provide reliable electric service in the safest manner. We empower our employees to provide a safe-work environment, through training, communication and Safe Work Practices.
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and recognize that they are one of our greatest assets. REA Energy provides , company-sponsored pension program, 401(k) plans with employer contributions, medical and dental insurance programs, and life insurance for full-time employees.
REA Energy is always looking for the best talent to work for us. Our culture is focused on member service, safety, teamwork, and work ethic. If you believe you have these qualities, we invite you to send us your information. Additionally, get to know us better by navigating through the website and make sure you are a fit and we are a fit for your career goals.
REA Energy is a rural electric distribution cooperative that provides service to over 22,000 consumers in the region surrounding Indiana, Pennsylvania. REA generates annual revenues of approximately $38 million and has a net plant value of about $73 million. REA averages eight consumers per mile of distribution plant (2,624 miles of line). Indiana, Pennsylvania is approximately 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh and home to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Our service area offers a great place to raise a family with great schools and low crime rates.
Please submit resume, salary requirements, and three references to: Human Resources, REA Energy Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 70, Indiana, PA 15701. Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on REA and/or Indiana, PA is also available at the following websites:
Statement of Non-Discrimination: This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.