If you are moving to a residence or business that already has an electric service, you will have to transfer that service into your name. The service should be transferred the day you take ownership or when your lease starts. To start the transfer process, call us first at 724-349-4800 and we will go over everything.
You will also have to come into the office to sign up for service and if applicable become a member of the Cooperative. Below is a list of items to bring to the office when signing up for service and membership (if applicable).
- $5.00 for membership (if you are not already a member)
- Valid photo identification
- A deed or sales agreement (if you are purchasing the property)
- A lease or permission from the landlord (if you are renting)
- A $100 security deposit fee if you are renting or left us with a balance in the past.
- Other fees may apply if there is currently no electric service at the property.
- An electrical inspection may also be needed if the property has been vacant for over one year.
Photo Credit - NRECA